Saturday, September 10, 2005

Cell Phones Affect Drivers Just Like Alcohol

Have you ever noticed that drivers that weave, stop suddenly, or drive outside the normal flow of traffic almost always have a driver who is on a cell phone? Well aside from those who have been drinking and driving it's caused by a cell phone. A cell phone is actually a lot like alcohol when it come to driving I think. I observe the cell phone folks every day on my commute and its become kind of a game for me to validate my theory I know to be true, that being cell phone drivers are a big problem on all our roads and endanger all of us.

Join the investigation game, the next time you see someone veering out of the lane and veering inappropriately into another lane, or someone who is going slower than the natural flow of the traffic and backing things up and causing lane jumps, or stopping abruptly and causing near rear ending, see if the driver is on a cell phone. I say 8 out of 10 times they will be on their cell phone. However, don't get to focused on looking at them over looking at the road in front of you because that is as bad or worse then their lack of focus. Only look if its safe and clear ahead.

I support hands free cell phone laws while driving if not all out outlawing the use of cell phones while driving all together...........................