Saturday, December 17, 2005

Bush Should Go Public With Details on NYT Story

I think if I were the Bush administration, I'd make the details of this matter public , even if it made the investigations in question even colder. Reason being this: If the NYT in fact published a story that had a hugely negative impact on our battle against terrorism and has put American citizens at risk, we should know. Then we would have a concrete example that either puts one "pro" for the Patriot Act or "against".

I can't think of a better example to put this issue center stage. Does the "anti-war" bias of the MSM on Iraq, help or hurt America and does it make us a better democracy or unnecessarily put fellow Americans at risk? If it does, then should the MSM be accountable for the damage they are have done?


For all my issues with the MSM, I firmly believe that a "Free Press" is the most important element of a true and successful democracy. That said, I think that because of the overwhelming liberal bias of most of the MSM, they do a really marginal job of upholding their end of the bargain. Let's hope that the NYT has not hindered the efforts to elimination a threat that will could kill Americans.........