Thursday, September 29, 2005

Carnival of College Football Predictions

This weeks “Carnival of College Football Predictions” is as follows:

HUGE Upset Weekend………………………….

#15 Alabama beats #5 Florida
Unranked Missouri beats #2 Texas
Unranked Michigan beats #11 Michigan State
#14 Arizona State beats #1 USC
#22 Purdue beats #13 Notre Dame

How is that for a HUGE Upset Weekend?

#1, #2, #5, #11 & #13 all lose. Well if I get two out of five it would still be a big upset weekend and shake things up big time. Of the five which ones do I think have the best chance of happening:

Alabama beating Florida, Michigan beating Michigan State, and Purdue beating Notre Dame.

I do think things could be right for both the #1 and #2 to lose this weekend. They are both playing away against really good quarterbacks, and that could make it happen. All the underdogs have the ability to pull off the upset but they have to play a great game. Either I will be ready for "Game Day" after these picks or looking pretty much like Albert picks them. Let’s start with Trev Albert’s Big Red for the rest of the games:

#23 Iowa State beats Nebraska
#3 Virginia beats West Virginia
#6 Florida State beats Syracuse
#9 Miami beats USF
#10 Tennessee beats Ole Miss
#12 California beats Arizona
#16 Texas Tech beats Kansas
#17 Wisconsin beats Indiana
#18 Minnesota beats Penn State
#19 Virginia beats Maryland
#20 UCLA beats Washington
#4 LSU beats Mississippi St.
Unranked Auburn beats South Carolina

What qualifications do I have to be Trev Albert’s unofficial replacement? None, but I couldn’t be worse than Albert could I? Besides that you don’t see any regional or team bias in my picks and I’m not afraid to pick an insane line-up of upsets.

It’s an astronomical long-shot that my upsets will all come in if any, but I do think the line-up for this week is ripe for upsets so why not go for it when you think it a big upset weekend? That said, even if your team is favored and not one of the upset picks “WATCH OUT”…............