Friday, July 22, 2005

Yes Nakib No Back-Pack Is A Good Idea If You Take The Tube

The NYT carries it's version of the shooting of a suspected terrorist today:

NYT

Left out of their story was this:

Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man appeared to be wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".

Bomb Belt

Well we expect such from the very, gray, old lady don't we...............

This part of the NYT story I think is telling:

But Nakib Islam, 19, a Muslim high school student, said "I am afraid of a stronger backlash" against Muslims. He was speaking after a bomb alert at the East London mosque turned out to have been a hoax. "We all have to use the Tube and people who look like me all became suspicious. I even don't wear my rucksack anymore when I use the Tube because of that," he said.

Well I'm sure your a law abiding fine British citizen Nakib, but here is the deal. If I lived in London and a bunch of blue eyed Americans of Scandinavian decent were blowing up themselves and other innocent people on the subway, I'd probably find another way to get where I needed to go. If I had to ride the train, I certainly would not take a back-pack. That's a 1 on the hard decision scale with 10 being the very hardest..................